The Green Youth Citizens is an innovative youth project to create a transnational network between Europe and Asia. The project is funded by European Commission under Youth in Action project (Youth in Action Programme Guide 2013). The project is implemented with six partner countries Romania, Spain, Turkey, India, Nepal and Bangladesh. The main aim is to raise community partners on environmental issues and how they limit exercise of active citizenship.
To build environmentally aware second generation leaders Green Youth Citizens wants to educate by
organizing workshops about local, environmental issues. The outcome of this is the workshop on role of youth in conservation of wetlands of Dhaka City for climate change adaption.
- Participated and helped in the launching of Youth in Action: Green Youth Citizens project.
- Organized workshop on Climate Change Adaptation and Conservation of Wetlands.
- Building youth network, both national and international.
- Assistance in E-waste project survey.
- Participatory action in environmental issues
Creating roof top garden in own educational institutions
- To build environmental leader
- To build a large environmental movement
- Create second generation environmental leaders
- To create mass awareness on environment and conservation
- To provide environmental education
- Initiating environmental activities
- Personal development
- Experience in working in a organization
- International exposure
- Point to add in Student’s resume